Sunday, March 14, 2010

Review: My Girl and I (Korean movie)


TRAILER:

STARRING:
Cha Tae-Hyun and Song Hye-Kyo

DIRECTOR:
Jeon Yun-su

GENRE:
Romance

SYNOPSIS:
A simple teenager Su-ho (Cha Tae-Hyun) and the pretty and popular Su-Eun (Song Hye-Kyo) start dating. Their young love is the object of much jealousy from all the other students, but for Su-ho and Su-Eun, their love just seems splendid and eternal. Until Su-ho finds out something tragic about the girl he loves.

"My Girl and I" is the remake of the Japanese box-office hit "Crying Out Love from the Centre of the World".

REVIEW:
Plot. The plot isn't original at all since this movie is a remake from a Japanese film. But I still find the movie interesting and appealing. The scenes, especially the ending part were executed very well, as well as some of the funny scenes. 6/10.

Acting. Both Song Hye-Kyo and Cha Tae-Hyun are great actors. For me, they portrayed their roles perfectly. Their acting was set to mild though, but it suits just fine since the plot wasn't complicated to begin with. It was a good choice for not making the movie into a heavy drama (just like those TV series we love to watch). Even if it was a light drama, the ending was so tragic that even I cried the first time I watched it. 9/10.

Music. The music showed emotions too, it was perfect! 10/10.

I haven't watched the Japanese film yet but I have to say this movie was an A+. People who loves Korean and tragic love stories should try watching this one.

PERSONAL RATING: 10/10

Note: This review was based on my personal opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment